Who We Are
BCBC envisions everyone having access to a bicycle. We will foster a sustainable cycling culture where everyone will feel connected to their bicycle by integrating cycling into their daily lives, while attaining the knowledge and opportunity to sustain its use. We hope to help build a strong, healthy, and environmentally sound community.
BCBC is a non-profit, volunteer driven, openly accessible, community owned co-operative that aims to accomplish its vision by providing the following to its membership and the community at large:
- Programming Space
- Affordable / Recycled bicycles & parts
- Tools & Supplies
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Training & Education
- Community Outreach Opportunities
Women and Queer Shop Shifts
The Bridge City Bicycle Co-op (BCBC) strives to provide equal opportunity to all of our members. We aim to create a safer place and promote balance in a historically cismale-dominated field by offering Women and Queer shop hours on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each summer month for persons who self-identify as woman, trans, two-spirit, and/or non-binary. In the winter, we offer the program on the 2nd Monday of the month.
We invite anyone who identifies as woman, trans, two-spirit, and/or non-binary to participate in our Women and Queer shop hours by dropping in. There is no need to pre-register. The shop hours will be lead exclusively by volunteers who self-identify as woman, trans, two-spirit, and/or non-binary. Gender will not be policed at this event.
The purpose of our Women and Queer shop hours is to help encourage and empower those who have been deterred from learning bike maintenance due to past experiences. The BCBC welcomes these communities to learn bike maintenance in a supportive and unapologetic environment.
If you do not identify as woman, trans, two-spirit, or non-binary, we ask you support this important initiative by respecting the space and not entering during the Women and Queer program. Instead, feel free to drop by during our weekly scheduled shop hours on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
If you have any questions about the WQ shop hours, please send us a message.
Accomplishments and Testimonials
- In progress
- Co-operatives First – Backroad Diaries feature the BCBC
- Volunteers refurbish bikes from Saskatoon landfill – Global TV
- Bridge City Bicycle Co-op Bike Repair – Shaw TV
- Bridge City Bicycle Co-op sends 16 people off with refurbished bikes – CTV News
- Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
How to Donate
Please check out our Donation page.
Ashely Marshall – Operations Manager
Board of Directors
- Bill Henley (Co-Chair) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graeme Donaldson (Co-Chair) –email@example.com
- Aaron Gaudet (Treasurer) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garret Hantke (Secretary) – email@example.com
- Stan Yu – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conner Rodriguez – email@example.com
- Deborah Whittingstall – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dana Durell – email@example.com
- Rebecca Zakreski – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find a list of our committees and descriptions of what they do on our Volunteer page.
You can find a list of our policies on our Policies page.
You can the BCBC Bylaws HERE