Interested in volunteering?
The Bridge City Bicycle Co-op invites community members to volunteer in all aspects of the Co-op.
During shifts in the shop at BCBC we have volunteers fill these roles;
- Mechanic (helping members repair their bikes in the shop, keep track of bike tag and flag the anchor when action needed on it)
- Greeter (greeting members and signing up new members)
- Tool-y (shop clean-up, part sorting, tool running, lending a hand where needed, helps people get bikes – as needed)
- Recycler/Harvester (stripping donated bicycles for parts & building bicycles for sale, helps people get bikes – as needed)
- Anchor (opening / closing shop, managing operations / volunteers, provide shift reports, receive donations, fill out bike tags with folks and take donations/payment)
Please fill out the Volunteer Sign-Up Form to let us know what things you would like to get involved in and our Operations Manager Ashely will get in touch with you to connect you with the people who can get you set up. Please note that you do not need to know how to do a particular task to sign up to volunteer in that area.
We also have a Volunteer Manual which can help you prepare and understand what a shift at the shop looks like.
If you have volunteered before, please email our Operations Manager at email@example.com and ask how you can sign up for shifts.