Thank you for participating during 2019-2020 and making it another successful year at the Bridge City Bicycle Co-operative (BCBC)
We would like to hear your feedback so we can continue to improve our services, logistics, and programming. This survey will take 3-5 minutes.
Once completed you will have the opportunity to be entered in a draw to win cool BCBC swag!
The Bridge City Bicycle Co-operative (also referred to as The BCBC and The Community) is a nonprofit, community bicycle repair education and resource co-operative. We offer our members nonjudgmental repair space, tools and instruction during business hours (hours on website) by donation, and educational workshops. We also offer reconditioned/recycled low cost bikes and parts for sale. The BCBC is operated by volunteers; a medley of professionals, students, bike enthusiasts, activists, and other community members who share a love for cycling in Saskatoon. Membership is open to all individuals and costs $20 for a year or 2 hours of volunteering during shop hours.
Click here to download our membership form; fill it out and drop off at the shop!
Member Rights and Respect Guidelines
The Bridge City Bicycle Co-operative aims to be a safe and respectful environment geared towards education, empowerment and community-building.
In order to do so we need your input and support.
- Access to the BCBC tools, stands and workspace
- Access to friendly mechanical assistance and education when available
- Opportunity to engage in decisions and help to build and develop the community’s vision
Respect and Maintaining a Safe Space
- Respect others and self
- Help others
- Racist, ableist, ageist, homophobic, sexist and classist behavior and language will not be tolerated
- The BCBC seeks to build a healthy lifestyle community, and behavior seen as hindering this objective will not be tolerated.
- Ask for help: With tools, processes, and even emotions
Respect the Community
- Build positive relationships with Community Members
- Build positive relationships with CNYC employees, volunteers, and patrons
Respect the Space
- Replace tools when not using them so that others can play too.
- Do not steal or borrow articles within the space for personal use.
- If you don’t know what it is or where it goes, ask someone
- Ensure you always leave time to clean up after yourself and others, and then clean up after yourself
- If you have to leave in the middle of a project, put pieces into a small bag and attach it to the bike, preferably with your name on the bag.
- Personal projects may be kept at the BCBC for a maximum of one day; however, this is highly discouraged due to lack of space and the concern for theft.
- Label your bike with your name, phone number, and the last date you worked on it.
- Do Not Force Tools, And Use Them Only For Their Intended Use. You break it, you buy it. If you need help or guidance, ask someone! It’s what we’re here for!
- Our services are free and Members are encouraged to contribute in any way they can. Our vibrancy comes from the volunteer work of a large community with diverse skills and passions. There are so many ways to be a part of this community, regardless of whether or not you know how to change a tire (yet!). Ask how you can help out!